The purpose of this marching band method book is to share the foundation Matt and Ben Harloff have learned and researched.
This book is separated into three different chapters:
- Full Ensemble Chapter 19 files to download
- Brass Chapter 4 files to download
- Woodwind Chapter 9 files to download
- The Full Ensemble Chapter focuses on creating a consistent technique approach to the full ensemble.
- The Brass and Woodwind Chapters are more focused on the development of the individual players.
Each exercise has objectives, instructional notes to help you understand the technique program and a list of “Quick Comments for Students” designed to give the director critical reminders for students. Another important feature of this book is adding a visual component to the exercises. Students might sound great standing still, but unless they sound great while marching, it doesn’t count. We sincerely trust this method book will support you and your students in achieving a higher level of performance, on and off the marching band field.